Monday, August 29, 2011

Eid Card

This has nothing to do with sewing but with Eid coming up, I just had to share this pop-up Eid card.



You need one piece of construction paper or cardboard and one piece of regular paper. I use half a sheet of paper, cut the long way (i.e. 4 1/4" x 11").


Fold the paper in half and draw two lines, the same length, perpendicular to the folded edge


Cut along those lines and fold flap between the slits up as far as it will go and make a crease.


Open the card and pop out that middle flap. This is the main part of the pop-up mosque.


Fold the card again.  Draw a dome shape and cut slits from the fold to the dome shape.  Be sure to only cut the slits on one fold, not both.  Fold up all the little flaps that you just made.


Open the card and push out the flaps that make up the dome and then pinch them so they stay popped up. 


Attach the construction paper or cardboard to the outside of the card and decorate.


Eid Mubarak!

15 comments:

Hafsa T said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing :)

Striving said...

Am I getting one this one?

:D

Sawitri said...

Maybe next Eid inshaAllah! I just have to figure out who you are first...

Sarah Chinoy said...

Sister Sawitri, a zillion thank yous and jazakAllah khayrs for this fabulous work of art. We absolutely LOVE it, and everyone we know loves it too. Am linking you if you dont mind :)
Gosh, i cant thank you enough honestly :D

Sawitri said...

Thanks Sarah! Wa iyyaki! For sure, go ahead and link-away!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic resource. i will be using this In Shaa Allah. jazakallah!

Anonymous said...

amazing I used it to give it to my mother

Anonymous said...

Great work..thanks for sharing..Naeema

Farah said...

Can I use a diff size of paper?? I'm making eid cards with standard size blank cards I got from Joann. Does it only work on a paper cut in half or any size?

Farah said...

Can I use a diff size of paper?? I'm making eid cards with standard size blank cards I got from Joann. Does it only work on a paper cut in half or any size?

Anonymous said...

Its superb.

Sakeenah said...

Just did this with my kids. It was quick and fun. Thanks! Happy Ramadan :)

Мекка Нурисламова said...

Assalamu aleikum, dear sister! Id al-Adha mubarak!
Djazaki Llahu hairan for sharing so cute card, we could do it with my kids)
I'm Makkah, russian muslim from Russia. I use this information for my blog))

CreativeKhadija said...

Hey dear, I am going to feature this beautiful idea in my blog post. I hope you will be happy to see your work featured. Feel free to visit & grab the featured button on your blog!
http://creativekhadija.com/2016/08/23-eid-hajj-creative-craft-ideas/

Thank You.
Khadija
http://creativekhadija.com/

happy new year 2019 said...


Happy New Year 2019
Happy New Year Greetings 2019
Happy New Year Wishes 2019
Happy New Year Quotes 2019
Happy New Year Images 2019

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...